Saturday, October 27, 2007

Goodbye..........

After a decade plus working in a city-based company, mid next week I will be starting a new phase of my career in a new organisation and environment. Having spent over 34,000 hours of my life in this big family, I am leaving with fond memories, a national network of friends, a global view to business and no regrets. My brief in this company was challenging, but I took it up and gave my all. I never once lost hope or motivation during my time there. However the need for personal and professional growth beckoned and I heeded. Below is my paraphrased farewell message to my friends and former colleagues. I will keep you posted on the new job across town.

In the same way that Shakespeare saw the world as a stage, this company too can be likened to an arena in which each plays their part. Having played my part for a decade plus, my time to exit has come. I will soon leave to seek another stage and another role. As I leave, I borrow and paraphrase the recent words of Jose Mourinho, thus, “ I am very proud of my work in this company and I have never regretted my decision to work here. It was a beautiful and rich period of my career. I want to thank all my peers, colleagues and directors for what I believe is a never-ending love story. I wish greater successes to the company, a company that will be forever connected to me for some historical moments. I wish you all happiness and fulfilment in your work and in your family life.”

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending. ~Lazurus Long

“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages”. -William Shakespeare

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.- Jean Paul Richter

“Those to whom we say farewell, are welcomed by others.”- Author unknown

Adieu

No comments: