Thursday, March 22, 2007

Challenges

When I started blogging, I was hoping for a more fruitful experience. I never took into account the slow internet connections that our part of the world suffers from. I usually type my posts at home in the night and save them in a flash disk; I then take a few minutes during my lunch hour to upload to my blog. But lately it seems like everybody in the office is online at the same time- it’s impossible to upload a simple document. I wonder what is happening to businesses that depend on the internet for their custom! I have therefore resorted to visiting a cyber cafĂ© near the office, where I spend some 50 shillings to read my mails and upload a block of posts like I have just done. I am talking to a few colleagues on the best way forward. Should I get a connection at home, or should I use my mobile phone to access internet? I am not an IT junkie and will need all the help I can get.

No comments: