Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Photography Runs In The Family......

I have always loved and practiced photography and in my school and early days in employment I did a bit of photography moonlighting shooting wedding and all manner of events. I have always had a camera at hand having invested heavily in my passion. 

As technology improved and went the digital way, the business side of my passion died and I no longer invested in seeking new markets, but I continued taking photos of my travels, family, friends, events and so on. In the meantime, photography has become localized and we now have young and awesomely creative photographers who are not only earning a handsome living from their cameras but also splashing the digital space with very creative images. 

I am therefore not so surprised that my children have taken an interest in the art  and are proving to be better than I am. Of course my son  Gregory is using a host of editing tools to come up with very creative photos especially of the macro genre. He is a big fan of the Kenya's leading photographers like Mutua Matheka, Kitoto, Mwarv, Emmanuel Jambo and many others. When the time is right I will introduce him to one of the leading lights for mentor-ship and training. 

I recently encouraged him to start a blog where he can post any of the photos he thinks are worth sharing with the world.  I us some of his photos as my screen savers for my electronic gadgets. Here are some he has taken using a phone camera. 










No comments: