Tuesday, July 30, 2013

If Writing Be The Food Of Life, Write on........


 I have not been here for a while and it really bothers me that amongst all the things that I love doing, I am not able to create time to come here for a sessionful of venting, sharing, preaching, bragging, condoling, conversing or debating.

Between my miserable attempts at earning a living, parenting, having some "me" time, reading, travelling, staying healthy, giving back to society, educating myself, investing, farming, fighting, loving and generally surviving, I seem to have run out of time and I cannot be able to find adequate opportunity and space for my beloved blog.

Blame it on all the other competing activities in the same alley like Facebook which I actually enjoy,twitting which I dont enjoy doing but love following, writing for work, reading numerous genres ( and I enjoy this too  or writing money-making proposals that never see the light of day, it seems like all the juices are sucked out of me and I have nothing left in me for the blog.

But wait a minute, why the heck do I seem to get time for just about everything else and not the one thing that makes me feel good. Writing is therapy for me, makes me feel good when I churn out a good thoughtful piece however small it may be. Even a phrase with the right choice of words in the right places makes me feel good. I know there is pleasure in writing because it is creating, it is sculpting, molding and giving form where none existed.

Seeing that writing means so much to me, I am resolving to do it  more often and make it more meaningful. I want it to be focused and not aimless chatter and commentaries on just about everything under the moon. I want to write more about my experiences, my observations, lessons I learn everyday, my proposals, my ideas ( and I have very many and wild ones ), my passions, my pet peeves, parenting, relationships, my fears, my aspirations, my projects, my travels and travails, my reviews and my society.

I will ask God to help me stay away from politics because our brand of politics is just too distressing. I have no problem with our politicians, but I think there is everything wrong with our politics. Should I get carried away in my writing and end up touching on politics, I pray that I will not be partisan but objective in my opinions.

This new journey starts tonight by forcing time and prioritizing and ensuring that there is at least some 30-45 minutes every evening before bedtime for some writing. So help me God!

Images Courtesy of www.ziglar.com & www.loesje.ee 

No comments: