Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Moving On



After three years and five months in the environment sector, I am moving on to a different sector. I have had myself a ball in the that time and I take no regrets but many lessons learnt and many joyous moments shared. I have made many friends and met many Kenyans and friends of Kenyans who have made an impact in many lives. I have been privileged to work in such an important sector, doing work that was very satisfying and in tune with mankind's basic needs of water, food, shelter while one eye was on posterity and the questions they may ask of our generation should we make a mess of the environment. I leave with a lot of satisfaction in my heart, knowing that I did my part to the best of my ability. I can now move on to do my work elsewhere, especially in other spheres that aim to create happiness and a sense of wellness. One of the lessons I learnt is that there is so much that needs to be done and not enough hands. Another lesson was that Mother Nature is watching and despite all the science available to us, she remains a mystery that seems to heave in painful anger now and then, just to remind us who is in charge. As I move on, I will share with you a quotation that has helped me in my journey through life- "The secret to success is figuring what you want and how to get it". Go figuring and go getting.............

No comments: