Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Bucket List- What I want to do before I go

"The Bucket List" is a 2007 comedy-drama film starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The story follows two terminally ill men who meet in a hospital ward. One is a mechanic and the other a tycoon. They are suffering from cancer and have one year to live. They create a wish list of things to do before they “kick the bucket” . The story follows their road trip as they fulfill the wish list with a few lessons along the way. Their bucket list included:-

- Witness something truly majestic - Help a complete stranger for a common good - Laugh till I cry - Drive a Shelby Mustang - Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world - Get a tattoo - Skydiving - Visit Stonehenge - Spend a week at Louvre - See Rome - See the pyramids - Get back in touch (previously "Hunt the big cat")

According to www.43things.com, the most popular categories that people include in their must-do-before-I-die lists are related to health, money and wealth, school and education, work and career, family, friends and social life, spirituality and beliefs, creativity and self-expression and travel. The most popular specific goals include:-

1. lose weight 2. stop procrastinating 3. write a book 4. fall in love 5. be happy 6. get a tattoo 7. go on a road trip with no predetermined destination 8. drink more water 9. get married 10. travel the world

I have decided to put together my own bucket list at leisure. Having been very unfaithful to my annual attempts at new year resolutions, I want to take my time to meditate and determine what deserves to be in my list. Watch this space…..

No comments: