Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Opportunities Begging For Takers


For some time now I have been contemplating a series of articles here of the various opportunities I see all around me that are just begging to be taken by individuals, companies, state agencies, leaders and so on. Why do I care, you may ask or why cant I take the opportunities myself? Well the truth of the matter is that I am a fountain of ideas, but unfortunately I don't have the courage or resources to implement them. The ideas are not all about making money, otherwise I would have cashed a long time ago. Most of them are just ideas that can save the state coffers a load of cash or make the life of citizens much better. Others are just plain common sense and you keep wondering just why didn't any one see them earlier.

You may wonder why I bother writing about it instead of taking the fight to the owners- the guys who are in positions where they can change things. Well, I have tried all that and more. I recall once when I made an appointment to see the then Mayor of Nairobi to discuss possible cost-free solutions to the perennial hawking problem in Nairobi. However after a long presentation, I realized he was not listening or did not see the opportunity therein. Of course my idea was not bought and we still have the problem. I have made formal and informal presentations to opinion shapers and implementers all over the place. I have written to the media via Letters to the Editors and opinion editors, some times I do get published and most of the others I am just ignored. Anyway, I am determined to share some of the opportunities that I see around my society just waiting for takers.

Please indulge me.

No comments: