Friday, September 21, 2012

Office Guys- No Loo've Lost


I get surprised by the calibre of guys who use the office loo early in the morning. Don’t get it wrong,  I am not keeping tabs on my workmates loo timetables, but I happen to use the small rooms for changing and freshening up every morning from my walking gear to my office gear. So I make a mandatory visit every day just before 8.00 am.

Here, I keep bumping into these senior colleagues with very serious faces full of concentration and with only one thing on their minds. Their greetings are superficial and hurried as they enter the cubicles! These are guys you would expect to be more comfortable using their home and personal loos, but no, they want to jostle for space with their drivers, cleaners and visitors.

I find it strange, because there is nothing I hate like using public loos, be they in a 5-star hotel, at work or another person’s home. I feel like that business needs to be accomplished in the comfort of your home where any discomfort thereof can only be for your family members and not your workmates or total strangers. Which reminds me of a pal who in the old days when public toilets were all nasty and best avoided; he was a walking almanac of the best public loos in the city. He knew which café, cyber, supermarket, and office you could sweet-talk or bribe your way into.  

Back to my office pals. It doesn’t help when the guy with the current record for the smelliest activities also happens to be a guy you like. Somehow, the pong will always get in the way of reinforcing your friendship. I just wish he would keep it at home.

1 comment:

Ghafla!Guy said...

Hahaha.. This reminds of my typical work situation!