Monday, April 21, 2008

The New Job



I have been on my new job for close to six months and I can now objectively assess the new experience. Initially it was a roller coaster ride-moving too fast with blurred views of the surrounding, but now I am more settled down and at ease on the job and the surroundings.

Being a new industry, it took me a few weeks to be weaned of my previous industry experience. Being in the environment sector, I am now fully attuned to the issues and politics in the sector. To be honest, I am glad I moved when I did and to the organization I did. The job description is challenging and includes setting up systems, advising management and ensuring the whole organization sings from the same hymn page.

I am part of a wonderful team that clearly understands it’s brief. In my corner, I have a team of young professional that I hope to mentor and mould into the best in my industry. My boss has given me a free hand to set up systems the best way I know how including enabling me with the appropriate resources. So far, we are receiving positive feedback from users of our services and products.
I am extremely happy with the job, the people I work with, the people I serve and the environment.

I hope to have another optimistic review of the job in another six months.

No comments: