Saturday, August 11, 2007

Naomi Campbell and I

Like British supermodel Naomi Campbell, I will spending the next two weeks at the Coast on holiday. Unlike Naomi, I will be accompanied by my Baengele Clan- wife Georgina, son Gregory, daughter Natasha and not body guards. While Miss Campbell is reported to have arrived in a chartered jet, yours truly will be dodging giant trucks and buses on the highway from Nairobi thanks to a family friend who is lending him a brand new compact 4WD. Like Naomi the Kenyan coast is one of my favourite holiday destinations, but unlike Naomi, I am not spoilt for choice as to which exotic corner of the rest of the globe I will be giving a try next! The similarities don’t end there- we are both going to be housed by friends. Miss Naomi by Formula One playboy and hotel owner Flavio Briattore, while Baba Natasha has a motley crew of business associates, friends and family to partially thank for the outing . However, unlike the mercurial supermodel who may not venture beyond her hotel compound by day, my family will be criss-crossing from Lunga Lunga to Mpeketoni, from Kwale to Watamu and the myriad interesting places in between the north and south of Mombasa island. Unlike Naomi the celebrity who will definitely be seen partying at Fermentos, I doubt if there will be a chance to shake a leg and club the night out since the babies have a right to be given all the time we have. I will let you know if Miss Naomi’s bumps into my entourage though I don’t promise to sign any autographs from her or her people!

No comments: